Might you be interested in joining a group advising Sussex Police about how they could improve their service to the community?
As they want fair representation from the various districts within East Sussex, they are particularly keen to hear from people who live in Wealden, Seahaven and rural Rother.
The Independent Advisory Groups (IAGs) help shape the policing priorities across the district.
The role will provide feedback and advice on how the police’s actions are interpreted by members of the public, and seek to improve communications between police in East Sussex and the diverse communities of the area.
The IAGs ultimate aim is that members contribute positively to the effectiveness of policing across East Sussex; to increase public trust, confidence, respect, accountability and partnership which exists between the police and the communities it serves.
IAGs consider local issues such as stop and search figures, hate crime statistics, critical incidents or issues raised as relevant and topical to the public.
IAGs aim to:
- Maximise the trust and confidence of the diverse communities of East Sussex through communication, exchanges of views and discussion of police issues;
- Provide a forum for the community to help shape service delivery;
- Enable Sussex Police locally, to develop policies and procedures that are both accessible and transparent;
- Increase our engagement with communities and help expand the potential for community involvement in policing;
- Act as a ‘critical friend’ to review policing and policy decisions and debrief incidents and operations.
Meetings are quarterly, normally on a Monday evening, and will allow a representation of local people to have a voice in policing. Independent Advisory Group members will be entitled to the reimbursement of reasonable costs incurred by participating, such as travel.
If you are over the age of 16 and would like to express an interest in becoming a member of the IAG, please email your details, including your name, contact details and area where you live or community you represent to ES_Secretariat@sussex.pnn.police.uk by 2nd October 2020..