Firefighters were called to reports of a fire in a first floor flat in Crowborough last night.
Two appliances from Crowborough fire station and another one from Mayfield were sent to tackle the blaze in the High Street just before midnight (23:51).
Firefighters used water jets and entered the property using breathing apparatus to extinguish the flames. A fan was later used to clear the smoke from the flat.
Three people were given precautionary checks at the scene by Sussex East Coast Ambulance.
The cause of the fire was found to be accidental.