Crowborough Heritage Group invite you to a Quiz on Crowborough History on Saturday 6th October from 3 until 5pm at the United Church on Croft Road.
Tickets are £5 per person. Tickets will be available on the door or can be obtained in advance from W E Cro & Son, Jewellers on the High Street, or by phoning Gill on 663511.
Refreshments will be available (tea/coffee, cakes & savouries).
Money raised will go towards the Heritage Group. The Group currently have a display cabinet filled will local historical items in the foyer of the Community Centre. They change the display theme every couple of months, and the Group are always on the look-out for the loan of historical items to display.
Some of the themes covered so far include:
- Former Crowborough Shops and Businesses,
- Crowborough memories of World War 2 (70th Anniversary),
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle,
- Crowborough’s Oldest High Street Business (Cros the Jewellers),
- 50th Anniversary of Twinning of Crowborough and Montargis,
- 90th Birthday Celebration of HM Queen Elizabeth II,
- Crowborough and Sussex Customs, Traditions and Crafts,
- Agriculture and related industries in Crowborough area.