Update: 38% turnout in the Wealden District for the European Elections. The count begins at 5pm on Sunday, with the result announced late in the evening.
Polling stations are open until 10pm so you can cast your vote in the European elections.
With candidates from 15 political parties standing in our region, it is worth checking-out their European election manifestos before you head to the polling booths.
MEPs are elected under a proportional representation (closed list) voting system.
This means unlike other elections you vote for a political party of your choice.
You vote for one.
Parties are then allocated seats in each region according to the share of votes cast. There are 10 MEPs representing the South East Region. So each party can have up to 10 candidates on their list – the candidates position on the list (from 1 to 10) determines how likely they are to be made an MEP.
See the list of parties and candidates nominated in the South East Region.
The location of your polling station will be on your polling card. You do not need to take the polling card with you in order to vote.
Voting stations in Crowborough:
- St Richard`s Church Hall, Fermor Road
- Pavilion, Wolfe Recreation Ground, Blackness Road,
- St Michael`s Church Hall, Rotherfield Road, Jarvis Brook
- Activity Room, Freedom Leisure Crowborough, Eridge
- All Saints Church Hall, Chapel Green, Crowborough
- St John`s CE School, School Lane, Crowborough
- Scout Headquarters, Whitehill Road, Crowborough
Location of all the polling stations in Wealden District. Any queries, contact the Electoral Services team on 01892 602417.
The results will be announced late in the evening of Sunday 25 May.