The Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) at Crowborough War Memorial Hospital will reopen on Monday 22th February after temporary closure.
The unit, run by Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust, has been temporarily closed since 25th January to allow staff to be redeployed to support the local NHS response to Covid-19.
Kate Pilcher, Chief Operating Officer at Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust, said:
We know that Crowborough MIU is an important service and thank people for their patience during this temporary closure.Advertisement
It was always our intention to re-open the MIU as quickly as possible and I am delighted we are able to do that on Monday 22 February.Kate Pilcher, Chief Operating Officer
A spokesperson for the Sussex Clinical Commissioning Groups said:
We are really pleased Crowborough MIU will be reopening on Monday. We know the MIU is a valued and trusted service for communities in and around Crowborough. We’d like to thank members of the Crowborough community for their support and understanding during the temporary closure.Sussex Clinical Commissioning Groups
The MIU is open 7-days per week from 8am until 8pm (every day except Christmas Day). Please note last booking is at 7.45pm. X-ray is available from 9am to 4.15pm Monday to Friday.
Conditions appropriate to be treated in MIU:
- Acute limb injuries including fractures, wounds, sprains and strains
- (excluding potential hip or thigh fractures).
- Minor head injuries including wounds to head and face (excluding
- children under 1year and those with associated neck injury, loss of
- consciousness or any vomiting).
- Wounds caused by trauma.
- Foreign bodies in eyes, ear or nose.
- Rib injuries.
- Minor back injuries (excluding chronic conditions or major trauma).
- Insect and animal bites and stings.
- Burns and scalds.
- Removal of splinters.
- Suturing (stitch up) wounds (excluding eyes, nose and lips).
For further information please see the Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust website: Crowborough Minor Injuries Department.