The overall Council Tax bill, collected by Wealden District Council, goes to fund various authorities. The following sets out the proposed increases from April. Overall the bill for an average Band D household will go up by £113.
- Crowborough Town Council has agreed a 4% rise, which would mean an annual rise of £6.90 for a Band D property.
- East Sussex County Council has voted through an increase of 4.99%, which will increase the annual Band D bill by over £80 to £1,693.80.
- Wealden District Council have proposed a 2.99% rise — a figure which equates to a £6.05 increase on a Band D household’s annual bill.
- The portion of the overall bill for Sussex Police will go up by the largest percentage. Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner proposed a £15 increase for a Band D property (equivalent to 6.67%).
- The East Sussex Fire Authority has agreed to put its portion of the overall Council Tax bill up by 5%. A Band D household would pay £104.37 next year for the fire and rescue service.
The different Council Tax band amounts are calculated from the average Band D level. For example: Band A (the lowest) is the equivalent of two thirds (6/9) of Band D and Band H (the highest) is the equivalent of twice (18/9) Band D.
Disgusting roads, pathways, shops closing, shortage of Doctors, Dentist. Unstable water, power and communications. Developers allowed to do what ever they want and private households made to jump through hoops and all this equates to higher rates when we are all suffering from higher food, power, water, gas and fuel cost. Without prejudice.