We can look into complaints about items we have published which are in our control. We adhere to the Standards Code adopted by IMPRESS and can only deal with complaints which relate to an alleged breach of the standards set out in this Code.
We can only deal with your complaint if you are:
- personally and directly affected by an alleged breach of the Code;
- a representative group affected by an alleged breach of the Code, where there is public interest in your complaint;
- a third party seeking to ensure accuracy of published information.
We are also regulated by IMPRESS, but initial complaints must be made to Crowborough Life by emailing Complaints@CrowboroughLife.com.
We will acknowledge your complaint by email within seven calendar days and will normally respond to your compliant with a final decision letter within 21 calendar days. If we uphold your complaint, we will tell you the remedial actions we have taken.
If you are not satisfied with the final response to your complaint, or if you do not hear from us within 21 calendar days of submitting your complaint, then you can refer your complaint to our Independent regulator IMPRESS:
- By post at – IMPRESS, 16-18 New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6AG;
- By calling 020 3325 4288;
- Emailing email@example.com; or
- You can use the online complaints form on their website.
If the complaint is about a news article it must include:
- the name and date of the article being complained about;
- the URL/link to the article;
- a written account of what is being complained about with clear reference made to (i) any specific words or phrases in the article that are relevant to the complaint; and (ii) any clauses of the Code that the complainant believes to have been breached;
- The desired outcome or remedy sought.