Beacon Academy is celebrating another highly successful year, with extremely strong results in A Levels and equivalent courses.
Well over a quarter of grades were As and A*s, a 5% improvement on last year. Over half of A Level results were at the top grades of A*-B (an 8% improvement on 2018) and 80% were A*-C (a 7% improvement on 2018).
This results in an overall average point score of 35.25 which is a B-. This is a considerable improvement from 2018 when the average point score was 33.26 and a C+. (See UCAS Tariff Points.)
Headteacher, Anna Robinson and Head of Sixth Form, Steve Baker both attribute the ongoing success as being a testament to the exceptionally positive relationship that exists between our hardworking students, our phenomenally dedicated staff and our wonderfully supportive parents.
We are incredibly proud of our students and on behalf of all of the staff, trustees and students at Beacon Academy, we would like to congratulate all of our Year 13 students, who have worked in-credibly hard, under really challenging circumstances, once again, to achieve these impressive results.
The following students are amongst those who have received notably high grades and will progress to some of the country’s most prestigious universities:
- Kirsty Gander achieved A* A A and is going to the University of East Anglia (UEA) to study Medicine.
- Charlie Borrett achieved A A A and is going into employment in Accountancy.
- Niamh Bradbury achieved A* A * and a vocational merit and is going on to study Art Foundation.
- Dan Flight achieved A* A A and has been offered a place at the University of Bristol to study Theoretical Physics.
- Charlie Gilbert achieved A*A A and is going to the University of Southampton to study Computer Science.
- Lowri Harris achieved A* A* A and is going to the University of Exeter to study History.
- Felix Hickman achieved A* A B and is going onto an apprenticeship in Management.
- Luke Holland achieved A A A.
- Ellie Rowland achieved A* A B and is going to Durham University to study Archaeology and Anthropology.
- Jamie Russell achieved A A and a vocational double distinction and is progressing onto an apprenticeship with the Ministry of Defence.
- Emma Shepherd achieved A* A A and is going on to the University of Southampton to study Marine Biology and Oceanography.
A number of subjects really stand out in these results, with strong performance at B or above. These include:
Further Maths: 100% achieved grades A or above
English Literature: 100% achieved grades B or above
German: 75% achieved grades B or above
Mathematics: 72% achieved grades B or above
History: 67% achieved grades B or above
Biology: 65% achieved grades B or above.
Geography: 64% achieved grades B or above
Politics: 62% achieved grades B or above
Psychology: 61% achieved grades B or above
For more photos look on the image gallery on Beacon’s website: www.beacon-academy.org.