The organisers of Crowborough’s Hospital Fete hope to get the Bank Holiday Monday event off to a flying start financially with a ‘silent auction’ of prizes donated by local businesses.
The five items in the silent auction are:
- A round of golf for four players, donated by Crowborough Beacon Golf Club. The value of this prize is £180 and a reserve has been set at £70.
- Sunday lunch for four at Barnsgate Manor. Value £98. Reserve £40.
- Weekday afternoon tea for two at Ashdown Park Hotel, Wych Cross. Value £60. Reserve £25.
- Two free children’s tickets (aged 2-16) to Drusillas Park near Alfriston when a paying adult accompanies each. Value £33. Reserve £15.
- A voucher for Jarvis Brew in Station Approach, Crowborough. Value £20. Reserve £8.
To place your bid, send an email to Ricky Booth, chairman of the Hospital Fete Committee – firstname.lastname@example.org – specifying the item or items you wish to bid for, your bid(s) and the maximum amount you are prepared to offer for each item selected. Please also include your telephone number.
Over the years, the Friends have funded several major rebuilding projects at the hospital, culminating in raising £1.5 million towards the hospital redevelopment in 1999. The August Bank Holiday Hospital Fête is the major fund-raising event of the year, organised annually by the Friends. Other sources of funding range from legacies and special social events to collection boxes generously hosted at various sites.
Click for more details about this year’s Crowborough Hospital Fete.