Add to Calendar
Drop-in session in Crowborough – part of a series across Wealden.
If you are unable to attend on the day to get your electric blanket tested please contact the Community Safety Team on the Freephone number 0800 1797069 to arrange collection and delivery.
Tips for safe blanket use:
- Always buy a new blanket – second hand blankets may not be safe
- Have your blanket tested every year
- Always read the manufacturers instructions carefully – and follow them
- Never use a blanket with scorch marks or exposed elements
- Never use the blanket if it’s wet or creased. Never switch it on to dry out
- Never use a hot water bottle and an electric blanket together
- Check the plug cord for any signs of wear or damage
- Do not fit the blanket to an adaptor or multi-socket block with another appliance plugged in
- Make sure the power is turned off at the wall and the blanket is unplugged if not in use
- Keep the blanket stored carefully over the summer months – refer to the manufacturers instructions on how best to do this