Elections to East Sussex County Council are being held on Thursday 4th May.
I am standing for election in Crowborough South and St Johns as it would be an honour to represent the people of Crowborough on East Sussex County Council. I have lived in the town for 14 years. I am married to Su and have two secondary school-age children. I am a teacher, and am passionate about the standards of education and our local schools.
My interests include amateur dramatics and Scouting, and I am actively involved in both in the town. I am also an elder of the Crowborough United Church.
If elected, I will:
- Fight for proper funding for the education of all our children.
- Work to protect the Bluebell Wood and prevent it being turned into an extra car park.
- Support and develop the business ‘hub’ vital for the success and growth of local businesses.
- Work to establish effective enforcement of parking violations and anti-social parking in our Town.
- Demand cost effective long-term investment for all highway repairs.
- Campaign to link safe routes for walking and cycling to and from our green spaces.
- Strongly argue for reduced speed limits outside schools and in residential areas in the Town.
- Support Crowborough Community Centre, now celebrating 5 years at the heart of our community.
A divisive, hard Brexit will cut us off from our European neighbours, remove valuable rights, and severely damage East Sussex businesses. The Liberal Democrats will be the real voice of opposition to Conservative Brexit plans, in East Sussex and in Westminster.
I believe that local politics should be about listening and making a real difference in people’s lives. I have been a member of the Liberal Democrats for 18 years, and feel more than ever that we need the Liberal Democrats’ vision for a Britain that is open, tolerant and united.
Facebook: Wealden Liberal Democrats
Four candidates are standing for each seat (click to find-out about them).
Crowborough North & Jarvis Brook
- Sara Rose Newman (Labour Party)
- Karen Jane Shaw (Liberal Democrats)
- Colin Geoffrey Stocks (The Green Party)
- Richard Stogdon (The Conservative Party)
Crowborough South & St Johns