Have you got a story you think we should be covering on CrowboroughLife?
Spotted something while you’ve been out-and-about? (Remember to take a photo on your phone and send it to us).
You can get in touch by emailing Stephan@CrowboroughLife.com or phoning Stephan on 07714 765258.
If something is happening “right now” it is better to phone or text rather than messaging via social media.
Know somebody who is taking on a challenge, doing something extra-ordinatory or has overcome adversity? Are you organising an event? Starting a new business or venture? Are you campaigning for change or feel you have been badly treated by the authorities?
Some tips for getting good media coverage:
- Timeliness: Contact CrowboroughLife in good time – stories only have a certain shelf-life.
- The Five Ws: Journalists are taught address the Who, What, Where, Why and When. Try and answer each of these questions in your press release.
- Provide Quotes: Quotes should be used to provide insight and opinion. They should sound like a real person said them. Make sure your include the person’s name, role or say whereabouts they live locally.
- Statistics: If relevant you can reinforce your argument by using figures and statistics. Say where you obtained them from, so they can be verified.
- Case Studies: News is primarily about people. It is always strengthens an article if you have a local person who can tell their personal story.
- What is News: Emphasise what is “new” in your story.
- Pictures: CrowboroughLife uses a large oblong image on the home page (1000px x 500px). Always make sure you provide two or three photos which illustrate your story. Please send them as email attachments rather than embedded images. Ensure you name people shown in the photographs.
- Permission: Ensure you have approval to use other people’s photos or other copyrighted material.
- Contact Details: Always provide phone numbers in case we need to contact you to clarify anything or ask for additional information.